What comes to your mind when you think of innovation? Intelligent speakers, modern smartphones and hi-tech self-driving cars? It’s quite common for people to associate innovations with multinational companies, sophisticated labs, or educated individuals. But complexity isn’t the mark of innovation, its true essence lies in simplicity. Again, simplicity is not the same as having simple ideas. It’s about seeing ordinary problems differently and solving complex problems with easy and affordable solutions.
Every single day, innovators around the world create new products, methods, and ideas. But, even as these social innovators come up with amazing ideas that can solve some of our country’s existing social problems, capital, among others, remains a huge hurdle.
Following the tremendous success of the Aarohan Social Innovation Awards in 2018, Infosys Foundation renewed its commitment towards accelerating innovation in the social sector and addressing some of the challenges that social innovators are facing today.
About Infosys Foundation
Established in 1996, Infosys Foundation supports programs in the areas of education, rural development, healthcare, arts and culture, and destitute care. Its mission is to work in remote regions of several states across India. Infosys Foundation takes pride in working with all sections of society, selecting projects with utmost care, and working in areas that are traditionally overlooked by society at large.
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards 2019
The objective of Aarohan Social Innovation Awards is to accelerate innovation, and scale the impact of relevant ideas. It would recognize and help individuals, teams or NGOs, who are developing unique and practical solutions for real-world problems. Here are the highlights:
- Eligibility – Applicable only to the legal residents of India (aged 18 and above) and NGOs (registered and operational in India only).
- Nomination Categories – The award will accept submissions across 6 broad categories including Healthcare, Rural Development, Destitute Care, Women Safety & Empowerment, Education & Sports, and Sustainability.
- Judges – Nominations for Aarohan Social Innovation Awards 2019 will be evaluated by a panel of well-known judges who are actively involved in the social innovation space in India.
- Evaluation Criteria – All eligible entries will be evaluated based on 5 broad criteria – application to a social problem or need, innovative use of technology, originality of the idea, ease of use, and quality of the submission.
- Finalist Selection – Based on the evaluation, the highest scoring entries will undergo further evaluation. The top 30 entries qualifying this evaluation will be selected for the final round. The Finalists (Individuals, Teams or NGOs) will be notified via email.
- Online Application – The applicant(s) can register and submit his/her nomination under one of the three categories – as an individual/team/NGO on https://infy.com/2Zrx6fP.
- Last Date of Submission – The submission process for Aarohan Social Innovation Awards 2019 is open and will continue up to September 30, 2019.
Please Note: The project needs to be a fully functioning prototype, and not just a concept, mock-up, or an idea. Also, the project should not be an established commercial venture.
Listen to Mrs. Sudha Murty, Chairperson, Infosys Foundation, share her vision for Aarohan Awards 2019:
Up to INR 50 Lakhs as Prize Money to Winners
Along with prominent recognition, and a significant cash reward of up to INR 50 lakhs, the award will also offer select winners a chance for a residential technical mentorship at IIT Hyderabad for up to 12 weeks. This internship will help the winners in developing their solutions further.
Hurry! Nominations Are Open Only Till September 30, 2019
An innovation, to be effective, has to be simple and focused towards addressing a challenge. If you have a unique prototype/solution which can make a difference and benefit the society, then Aarohan Social Innovation Awards is the right platform for you to showcase it.
Register and Submit Your Nomination Now!